Program Nurse/ Registered Nurse
🔥 Be one of the first to apply!
Program Nurse / Registered Nurse
On-Site Role in Manhattan, Monday through Friday, Business Hours
Full-time, Permanent Role
An innovative community-based Adult Day Health Care Program seeks a full time NYS Licensed Registered Nurse to work with our multidisciplinary team in its Manhattan location. Provide services to adults with chronic medical conditions and vision impairment s .
- Responsibilities include nursing assessments, treatment planning/implementation and health care coordination and individual and group health education.
- Complete a nursing assessment for each registrant based upon history , interviews, with registrant and family/collateral sources, and reports from private physician.
- Develops and implements nursing treatment plans for all registrants . Re-evaluation nursing needs periodically and revises treatment plans as indicated.
- Monitors all medications taken by registrants while in attendance .
- Ensures established inventory standards for medicines, solutions, supplies and equipment.
- Is responsible for appropriate handling of medical emergencies, including educating other staff members in appropriate tasks and procedures .
- Maintains a safe, clean environment ; maintains medical equipment and supplies in optimal condition .
- Serves as consultant to other staff in matters of safety and infection control.
- May supervise nursing students and/or volunteers .
- Provides individual health counseling to registrants and family as needed
- Leads scheduled health education and counseling groups.
- Counsels other staff regarding any special handling or techniques required by any registrant.
- Acts as liaison between the program and i ts Medical D i rector and the reg i strant's pr i vate phys i cians.
- Completes all required records and reports on a timely basi s. 1 4 . Attends all requ i red staff meet i ngs and conference s .
- Along w i th all other staff, performs general ass i stance tasks on a regular bas i s. These i nclud e escor t ing reg i strants throughout the spac e , inclu d ing to and from the restroo m , as s is t ing w i th transportat i o n , ser v ing meals, cleani ng up from meals as needed , and filling i n for absent coworkers.
- W orks w i th other team members to foster the i nterd i scipl i nary team approac h . 1 7 . Prov i des all requ i red nursing care and personal care as neede d .
- Observes and i mplements the registrant ' s Bill of R i ghts.
Must have NYS RN license. Requires 3-5 years recent staff experience in Med/Sur g . , Long Term Care or Community Health and excellent communication and documentation skills . Excellent assessment and computer proficiency in MS Word . UAS-NY certified and proficiency preferred. Bi-Lingual English/Spanish preferred .
- 403 (b)
- Dental i nsurance
- Health i nsurance
- L i fe i nsurance
- Pai d time off
- V i sion i nsurance
Salary up to $92,000 with Generous Benefits!!