Biochemical Research Technician
Proclinical is seeking a Biochemical Research Technician for a top pharmaceutical company located in North Chicago, IL. The Research Technician will be a part of the Genomic Research Center and will focus on projects related to recombinant Adeno-Associated Virus (rAAV) production.
- Perform stable HEK-293 cell line development processes including vector construction, transfection, cloning, cell line characterization, and cell banking
- Conduct small-scale AAV vector production and purification
- Characterize productivity and quality attributes
- Keep accurate records of experimental setup, SOP protocols, data quality control notes, etc.
- Maintain efficient and continuous communication with team members and managers
Skills and Requirements:
- Significant mammalian cell culture expertise: maintenance, freezing, thawing, and passaging.
- Molecular biology such as: Nucleic acid extraction, cDNA synthesis, RT-qPCR, ddPCR
- Biochemistry such as: Western blot, Immunofluorescence, flow cytometry
- BS degree or master's degree in biological sciences, molecular biology, neuroscience, or biochemistry and significant 3-5 years tissue culture experience are a must. (Or a master's degree with at least 2 year of experience).
- Previous experience working with AAV; molecular biology techniques such as plasmid construction, sequencing and QC assays; quantitative PCR, digital droplet PCR; RNA, DNA and protein extractions from cell or tissue samples; next generation sequencing (NGS) library preparation
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Shannon Briggs at (+1) 215-531-6914 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.