US LBM provides a wide range of building materials to construction professionals, combining the advantages of our national scale with the excellent service levels, expertise, entrepreneurial culture, and customer relationships of our local brands.
As a people-first company, passionate about continuous improvement, US LBM is proud to provide our associates access to the resources, training, and developmental opportunities to empower them to succeed today, while growing professionally and preparing for the challenges of tomorrow.
Pay Range: $16.00/hr
This position is responsible for assembling millwork components. Millwork Assembler I will stock lumber, plates and other work-related materials and supplies. Will also band/stack finished products.
Essential Job Duties
- Lay out millwork component supplies and materials on carts or floor.
- Stock plates for component set-up.
- Assemble components under the direction of the line leaders.
- Load and band finished materials on carts/pallets inside and/or outside.
- Receive incoming products, commodities, and materials.
- Maintain work area by keeping it neat and organized.
- Assist in the set-up of component assembly process.
- Monitor production workflow process assisting other areas as needed.
- Operate all equipment necessary to the assembly process.
- Adhere to established safety rules and regulations and follows all safety procedures; maintain a safe environment.
- Comply with Company's attendance policy by maintaining regular and predictable attendance.
- Assist in maintaining an organized work environment which may include emptying trash receptacles and keeping all bays/staging areas clean and organized.
- Provide excellent customer service and participate in a positive work environment.
- Monitor inventory as required by location management.
- Retain an awareness of the work environment critical to the task at hand to produce error free and damage free results.
- Participate in and complete assigned trainings.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum education required- High school education and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum experience required- Prior carpentry experience helpful
- Special skills required- Must be able to read a tape measure and use a hammer. Ability to learn to operate equipment such as routers, saws, presses, and staple guns.
- Physical demands include exposure to extreme temperatures, lifting up to 50 lbs. on a repetitive basis and up to 100 lbs. occasionally. Dusty and noisy environment when operating woodworking machines and tools. Ear protection required when exposed to noise for an extended period of time. Eye protection and hard sole leather shoes required at all times.
- Available for overtime as needed.
Raymond Building Supply , a Division of US LBM Holdings, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, order of protection status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.