US LBM pro vides a wide range of building materials to cons tru ction pro fessionals, combining the advantages of our national scale with the excellent service levels, expertise , entre pre neurial culture, and customer relationships of our local brands.
As a people-first company, passionate ab out continuous im pro vement, US LBM is pro ud to pro vide our associates access to the resources, training, and developmental opportunities to empower them to succeed today, while gro win g pro fessionally and pre paring for the challenges of tomorrow.
This position is responsible for assembling millwork components. Millwork Assembler I will stock lumber, plates and other work-related materials and supplies. Will also band/stack finished pro d uc t s.
Essential Job Duties
- Lay out millwork component supplies and materials on carts or floor.
- Stock plates for component set-up.
- Assemble components under the direction of the line lea d ers.
- Load and band finished materials on carts/pallets in s id e and/or out s i d e .
- Receive incoming pro d uc t s, commodities, and materials.
- Ma int ain work area by keeping it neat and organized.
- Assist in the set-up of component assembly pro cess.
- Monitor pro d uc t i on workflow pro cess assisting other areas as needed.
- Operate all equipment necessary to the assembly pro cess.
- Adhere to established safety rules and regulations and follows all safety pro cedures; ma int ain a safe environment.
- Comply with Company's attendance policy by ma int aining regular and pre dictable attendance.
- Assist in ma int aining an organized work environment which may include emptying trash receptacles and keeping all bays/staging areas c lea n and organized.
- Provide excellent customer service and participate in a positive work environment.
- Monitor inventory as required by location management.
- Retain an awareness of the work environment critical to the task at hand to pro d uc e error free and damage free results.
- Participate in and complete assigned trainings .
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
K no wledge, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum education required - High school education and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum experience required - Prior carpentry experience helpful
- Special skills required - Must be able to read a tape measure and use a hammer. Ability to lea rn to operate equipment such as r out ers, saws, pre sses, and staple guns.
- Physical demands include exposure to extreme temperatures, lifting up to 50 lbs. on a repetitive basis and up to 100 lbs. occasionally. Dusty and no isy environment when operating woodworking machines and tools. Ear pro tection required when exposed to no ise for an extended period of time. Eye pro tection and hard sole lea ther shoes required at all times.
- Available for overtime as needed.
Bailey, a Division of US LBM Holdings, LLC is an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, order of protection status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.