Spectrum Center Schools, a growing, dynamic organization with a social mission to offer hope is seeking Instructional Aides to join our award-winning team and perform meaningful work in a culture that welcomes innovation, encourages creative expression and offers limitless potential for personal and professional satisfaction!
Now Offering $2,000 Sign-on Bonus!
If you thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, outcome-driven environment, seek a career with genuine purpose, and possess a problem-solving mindset, a sense of humor, and a stellar work ethic We Should Talk!
As an Instructional Aide, you will provide individualized supervision and instruction to assigned students and additional support to the core classroom staff. Working with student(s) to implement their Individualized Education Programs (IEP), you will utilize group and individual instruction in the classroom and community.
- Working with students to improve their community, vocational, leisure, domestic, academic, and social skills.
- Implementing curriculum (including all on-site and community-based instruction) and behavioral intervention strategies consistent with the letter and intent of the IEP/ITP (Individual Transition Plan)/PBIP (Positive Behavior Intervention Plan) to meet each students goals and objectives.
- Performing job coaching duties as assigned, by assisting in the training of students, on campus or at community job sites in appropriate work behavior and specific employment skills.
- Completing accurate and timely documentation on students behavior as outlined by school procedures; reports observations to relevant staff and makes recommendations based on observations.
- Assisting in preparation of other behavioral reports and daily activities log as required.
- Maintaining confidentiality of student information and records at all times.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma or equivalent with passage of basic skills test.
- Experience working with children, preferably students with special needs.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and apply concepts of basic math.
- Working knowledge of computer software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Comfortable driving and/or riding on the van with students before/after school.
Spectrum Center Schools is a division of Chancelight Education, the nations leading provider of alternative and special education programs for children and young adults. For more than 45 years, and in partnership with over 235 school districts nationwide, we have helped change the direction of more than 240,000 student lives!
Learn more about our history, our mission, and the program services we provide by visiting the links below:
As a member of the Chancelight family you will be provided with the opportunity to make meaningful impacts, the support needed to achieve performance, success and advancement goals; and receive all the tools essential to reaching your personal & professional fulfillment!
Additional Perks and Benefits Include:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Virtual Medical Visits
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Time Off
- School Hours and Paid Holiday Schedule
- Company Paid Life & Disability Insurance
- 401k Options
- Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Opportunities for Growth & Development
- And So Much More!
If you're ready to start changing the direction of students' lives by providing them the opportunity to create successful, independent futures this is your Chance!
Join us and start making a genuine difference in the lives of children TODAY!
Careers, With ChanceLight Work. With Purpose.
- Experience in Special Education
- High School or better
Licenses & CertificationsRequired
- Driver Licenses
- Special Education
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)