Finance Specialist - General Acctg
Manpower has partnered with a global communications company in Palo Alto looking for an individual with solid accounting experience and a desire to learn and grow. Plans, organizes and manages the general accounting activities for the MPP division of CPI.
* Delivers analytical, organized and detail oriented accounting expertise.
* Provides meaningful analysis, interpretation and presentation of accounting and financial data, including communicating complex ideas to senior managers.
* Coordinates with and advises appropriate managers of their financial implications on their procedures and operations; Assures compliance with government regulations, as required.
* Exercises responsibility for the accuracy and timely reporting of financial data.
* Analyze, implement, and calculate overhead rates and breaks down fixed vs. variable cost.
* Reviews and monitors internal controls, including Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
* BS degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. MS degree a plus.
* 3+ years' experience of broad knowledge in accounting, financial and business principles that maximized revenue and profits.
* GAAP expertise and experience required.
* Government accounting experience a plus.
* JD Edwards knowledge and/or ERP implementation experience a plus.