Receiving Handler I - Level 1
Position Summary: The Receiving Handler receives and unpacks materials and supplies from vendors while comparing identifying information and counts, weights, or measurements of items to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, purchase orders, or other records.
Receiving Handler Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembles wooden or cardboard containers or selects pre-assembled containers for material movements.
- Stamps, stencils, or glues identifying information to received goods (job number, part number, etc.).
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and coordinates with supervisor and purchasing to rectify damages and shortages.
- Routes items to departments.
- Prepares receiving documents and updates appropriate electronic database (EPICOR/MES).
- Reviews and follows all MOP's and SWI's.
- May operate lift truck, hand truck or overhead crane to move, convey, or hoist raw material and parts to departments for fabrication.
- Keeps the work area clean and swept.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Receiving Handler Skills and Specifications:
- Knowledge and ability to use electronic database (EPICOR/MES).
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to safely operate and obtain certification to operate a fork truck.
- Ability to safely operate an overhead crane.
- Strong computer data entry skills.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Ability to contribute and work in a team environment.
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness to ensure first quality of work.
- Ability to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in the course of work.
- Willingness to work additional hours in order to meet tight deadlines.
Receiving Handler Education and Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED).
Why should you choose Manpower?
- Free training to upgrade your skills, including a free college tuition program
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k
- Weekly pay with direct deposit
- 24/7 Manpower customer care support
- Dedicated Career Partner to help you achieve your career goals
- Voted #1 best places to work by Glassdoor 2021
Are you Interested?
Stop your job search and apply today! A recruiter will be in touch within 24 hours.
Share this job with friends and family and earn dollars with every successful hire.
ManpowerGroup recognizes the importance of providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. We are committed to creating a welcoming, fair and inclusive environment by offering equal opportunity to access our services. At ManpowerGroup, we are committed to providing accommodations, and will work with you to meet your needs.