Job SummaryIn this role, the ideal candidate will own the design, development, deployment of a highly scalable and secure systems. The candidate will also collaborate with other developers within Comcast and business leaders to understand user requirements and desired features.You must be able to learn new languages and technologies quickly, be a strong teammate, and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands. The ideal candidate should have experience building applications using Java, Spring framework, Junit, Maven/Gradle, Automated testing tools like Cucumber/Selenium that rely on multiple web services and that operate at scale (millions of users). As a Senior principal developer, you will guide the team in all technical decisions throughout the design, development, and release phases. Innovation is a huge part of the role as well as mentoring/coaching junior members of the technical staff.
- 10+ years of professional experience in crafting large-scale applications, with a commitment to serving diverse customer bases and fostering inclusivity.
- Demonstrated expertise of 10+ years in hands-on Java and Spring Boot development, showcasing proficiency in the Spring Framework.
- Proven ability to write clean, maintainable, and efficient code, emphasizing the creation of common and reusable libraries.
- Excellent documentation skills, including the creation of specifications, flow diagrams, and sequence diagrams.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, focusing on inclusivity, empathy, and clarity to engage with a diverse audience.
- Familiarity with common libraries, software design patterns, and the OAuth protocol.
- Experience with automated web application/API testing tools (Jasmine, Selenium, Cucumber, etc.) and load testing tools (JMeter or Gatling, etc.).
- Robust background in Java Cryptography Extensions, OpenSSL, and Bouncy Castle libraries, with an emphasis on fostering a collaborative environment.
- Experience in implementing Java multithreading techniques for building fluid front-end user experiences.
- Proficiency in encryption/decryption/signature technologies and protocols, with an understanding of their impact on diverse user groups.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment, with a commitment to creating an inclusive and collaborative team culture.
- Knowledge of source control systems such as GitHub and proficiency in Continuous Integration and Deployment tools (Jenkins, Concourse, etc.).
- Ability to present technical material to both technical and non-technical audiences, fostering a supportive environment for all team members.
- Experience in mentoring and supporting junior members of the technical staff.
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for code quality, adhering to standard processes.
- A passionate commitment to learning and adapting to new technologies while driving innovation.
- Critical thinking and independent problem-solving abilities.
Additional preferred skills:
- AWS APIs and Serverless architecture
- Knowledge of Digital Certificates and X509v3 standards
- Experience with DevOps, Automated Testing and Continuous Delivery
- Experience in logging, monitoring, troubleshooting skills
- Experience building/operating applications dependent on large-scale (>1MM users) platforms with high availability
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them flawless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new insights.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
What You Can Expect:
- An encouraging and casual work environment with chances to showcase your skills.
- A culture of innovation and continuous learning.
- Training, support, and mentoring to expand and evolve your expertise.
- For more insight into our culture, check out: https://jobs.comcast.com/meet-comcast/our-culture
About Our Perks & Benefits:
We are determined to create an environment where our employees feel valued, understand our business goals, and are motivated.
Here's a look at just some of the perks and benefits we make available to our US-based employees:
- Medical & Dental
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Generous paid time off
- Life Milestones - from adoption assistance, childcare resources, pet insurance, and more, Comcast supports you at all life stages.
- Courtesy Services - We offer all of our full-time employees in serviceable areas discounted digital TV and internet.
- Discounted tickets for Universal Resorts, and free tickets to our Universal theme parks!
Learn more at https://jobs.comcast.com/life-at-comcast/benefits
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTemployer.
This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
15 Years +
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. Thats why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.