Classification: Payroll Clerk
Compensation: $17.41 to $20.16 hourly
A well-known company is seeking a Payroll Clerk to fill a challenging position. Robert Half is looking to fill the position of a Payroll Clerk for one of our clients to join their dynamic, quickly-expanding team. This position will require a variety of tasks to support the Payroll department such as data entry, reconciliation of timecards, paycheck distribution and providing statements to various departments. A candidate should be able to effectively communicate with both internal team members and outside customers as part of this dynamic, fast-growing team. This Payroll Clerk opportunity is based in the Raleigh, North Carolina area and is a long-term contract to hire employment role.
- Data entry into spreadsheets and the payroll system
- Manage communications with employees on timesheet approvals
- Construct and run custom reports
- Carry out clerical duties such as filing, scanning, faxing, photocopying, etc
- Supply the organization with instructions/training regarding the use of payroll-related systems including entry of timesheets, online access of pay statements, etc.
- Build a system of administering and distributing reports
- Update data into spreadsheets and the payroll system