Sage Alliance High School in Rochelle Park, NJ is seeking a qualified, part-time Therapist to provide individual, group and family therapy to our students. Sage Alliance Rochelle Park (formerly Sage Day) is a private, therapeutic school that serves the academic and clinical needs of students in grades 9 through 12 with social and emotional challenges in a nurturing and supportive environment. As a Therapist here, you will play an integral role in success of our students' social and emotional health. This position has a start date of 01/02/2024.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help students and families gain insight into their difficulties and facilitate change by conducting individual counseling twice per week, group counseling twice per week and family counseling once per week.
- Provide crisis intervention counseling as needed to address emergent situations during the school day.
- Maintain student clinical files in accordance with legal requirements, internal policies and quality standards by recording attendance and chronological entries of treatment sessions and updating relevant clinical information.
- Prepare discharge summaries when applicable, and end of the year clinical summaries.
- Present cases in weekly individual supervision with the Clinical Director and use supervision for ongoing development of clinical skills and techniques.
- Produce clinical articles for the school newsletter, as requested.
- Prepare clinical presentations for staff meetings regarding issues pertinent to special education needs.
- Support educational staff through clinical intervention and sharing of knowledge.
- Participate in staff meetings.
Sage Alliance is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve.
- Masters or better in Counseling Psychology
- Masters or better in Social Work
Licenses & CertificationsRequired
- Lic Clin SW
- Counselor Certification
- Licensed Prof. Counselor