Ossid, based in Rocky Mount, NC, is a manufacturer of high-speed tray packaging, weigh/price labeling equipment and form fill seal packaging solutions. Ossid provides solutions across numerous markets, including fresh and processed meats, medical devices, convenience foods and consumer goods. Ossid is a division of Pro Mach, a leading provider of integrated packaging and processing solutions for over 20,000 customers worldwide. Through multiple brands, Pro Mach provides product packaging and processing equipment, PMMI certified training, installation, parts, and service for primary and secondary packaging, flexible packaging, end-of-line packaging, and identification and tracking. For more information on Pro Machs brands visit www.ProMachBrands.com.
Ossid is searching for a talented CNC Mill Operator to join their team. The CNC Mill Operator is responsible for operating a CNC milling machine to produce precision machined parts that meet engineering specifications and quality standards. This position reports to the Machining & Fabrication Team Lead.
- Correctly downloads programmed information to CNC machine. Skillfully operates milling machines to machine parts to prescribed specifications.
- Inspects and verifies conformance of parts at the beginning of an operation (test 1st part) and the end of machining process to specifications/tolerances using a variety of precision measuring and gaging instruments.
- Ensure all machine set-ups and shutdowns are in line with prescribed safety procedures. This includes all necessary Lockout/Tagout procedures when needed.
- Strictly follows all job safety requirements/procedures which include machine guarding and housekeeping requirements.
- Required to cross train on other processes and equipment.
- Regular attendance and daily punctuality are necessary for performing the job.
- Perform additional duties and assignments as directed by management.
- Minimum of 1 Year of CNC Machining experience required.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Technical school certifications and/or Associate degree for CNC Machining preferred.
- Ability to read mechanical engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of precision measuring procedures.
- Sufficient physical strength to lift various materials weighing 50 pounds.
- Good organizational skills.
Salary is only a part of a well-developed compensation program. As a Pro Mach employee, you receive more than just a paycheck. Total compensation includes your pay (base salary), very comprehensive medical/dental programs as well as life insurance, a generous paid time off program, a retirement savings plan with a company match and a wellness program. There is no waiting period for benefits you are eligible on your first day of employment.
Pro Mach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pro Mach complies with all states mandating the use of E-Verify to verify employment eligibility of new hires to work in the United States. Pro Mach is a drug-free workplace.