Back to search
Creative Financial Staffing
Posted 19 days ago
Work closely with the CFO in managing the finance and accounting team who provide accounting services to our internal and external customers. Primarily responsible for generation of monthly financial statements, reports, and reconciliations with guidance from the CFO along with involvement in billing, annual budgeting, and internal controls. Assists in various other projects as needed and time permits.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and reports around directives received from CFO and corporate needs.
- Assist Corporate Financial Analyst in preparation of monthly reports.
- Prepares a complete financial statement monthly. Ensures that all accounts are current and accurate.
- Establish and maintain internal controls.
- Manage all aspects of the general ledger.
- Provide monthly, quarterly, and year-end analyses.
- Supervise team members including work schedules, employee development and ensuring accurate, timely and complete work.
- Assist in and ensure backup/cross-training of essential responsibilities of direct reports.
- Maintains an effective cash management system that forecasts cash funds and makes recommendations for the profitable use of excess cash.
- Reviews the reconciliation of general ledger accounts with outside sources to ensure proper bank reconciliation, reserve accounts, factory payable, and floor plan payable.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- At least five years of accounting experience.
- At least two years of supervisory experience.
- Experience with full ERP software such as SAP or JD Edwards a plus.
- An advanced degree or professional certification (such as an MBA or CPA) a plus, not required.
- Knowledge of GAAP, accounting regulations, and best practices.
- Knowledge of general ledger structure, month-end closing, monthly/quarterly/yearly reporting to bank, local, state, and federal entities.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel plus proficiency in Windows 365, MS Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and correspondence.
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail.
- Robust time management and prioritization skills.