Spectrum Center Schools and Programs, a growing, dynamic organization with a social mission to offer hope is seeking an Education Program Director to join our award-winning team and perform meaningful work in a culture that welcomes innovation, encourages creative expression, and offers limitless potential for personal and professional satisfaction!
If you thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, outcome-driven environment, seek a career with genuine purpose, and possess a problem-solving mindset, a sense of humor, and a stellar work ethic We Should Talk!
As the Program Director, you will foremost be responsible for creating a positive school culture and increasing student achievement by consistently ensuring the implementation of the instructional practices and strategies endorsed by and in accordance with Spectrum and Chancelight policies.
This position operates as acting School Principal in oversight all site operations and functions as liaison between the site and the school districts' designated site contacts by establishing and maintaining positive, interactive working relationships.
- Providing vision and leadership to support student achievement and effective operations by supervising staff, developing, and implementing performance management plans, identifying professional learning needs, and participating in professional learning opportunities.
- Effectively participating in the employment and selection process to ensure an effective site team is in place.
- Analyzing the professional development needs of staff and aligning needs with the Spectrum instructional vision, while also actively recognizing accomplishments and addressing issues to ensure productive site operations.
- Ensuring the safety of staff and students by maintaining the site and classrooms for operation and ensuring compliance and staff awareness with contract and specific state requirements including staffing ratios and crisis protocols.
- Performing managerial responsibilities including but not limited to overseeing the day-to-day operation of school schedule and activities, custodial and maintenance, food services, transportation services, administration, financial/budgetary operations, resource allocation, and district/community relationships.
- Driving the enrollment process from referral to last day of attendance; ensuring timely classroom placement upon receiving referral, conducting effective site tours, managing classroom rosters according to student need and state requirements, and participating in the development of plans for transitioning students to the least restrictive environment.
- Instructing, monitoring, and evaluating all staff and students in the use of learning materials and resources to ensure fidelity of instruction and student performance/evaluation.
- Observing, evaluating, and reporting staff and student performance and development through the START Checklist or other observation tools.
- Participating in the assurance and accreditation processes to ensure that the site passes or meets performance plans.
- Preparing and presenting required reports on student progress, achievement, and activities to ensure accuracy in numerical analysis and presentation.
- Compiling, analyzing, and using assessment data to measure student growth and guide instruction and/or academic intervention for each student and site.
- Maintaining accurate and complete records of students' progress and development as required by state laws, Spectrum, Chancelight, and district policies.
- Ensuring the timely completion and distribution of grading, report cards, IEP progress reports, and transcripts for all students.
- Ensuring compliance with mandatory requirements including but not limited to IEP process, CDE compliance, state testing, and Spectrum policies.
- Managing student behavior by embracing Spectrum policies and applying appropriate support or disciplinary measures when necessary.
- Providing support, encouragement, and counseling to students with academic problems.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Masters degree in education, special education, psychology, counseling, behavioral analysis, social work, behavioral science, or rehabilitation issued by an accredited postsecondary institution.
- Must hold currently or be in the process of obtaining one of the following:
- Administrative credential granted by an accredited postsecondary educational institution and two years of experience with pupils with disabilities.
- Pupil personnel services credential that authorizes school counseling or psychology.
- License as a clinical social worker issued by the Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- License in psychology regulated by the Board of Psychology.
- Credential authorizing special education instruction and at least two years of experience teaching in special education before becoming an administrator.
- License as a marriage and family therapist, educational psychologist, professional clinical counselor, or clinical social worker issued by the board of behavioral sciences.
- Minimum 2yr's prior experience in an educational leadership or managerial role.
- Minimum 2yr's prior experience teaching in a special education program setting.
- Minimum 2yr's prior experience working with pupils with disabilities.
- Proficient in curriculum, content areas and instruction.
- Well-versed in state and/or national content standards.
Spectrum Center Schools is a division of Chancelight Education, the nations leading provider of alternative and special education programs for children and young adults. For more than 45 years, and in partnership with over 235 school districts nationwide, we have helped change the direction of more than 240,000 student lives!
Learn more about our history, our mission, and the program services we provide by visiting the links below:
As a member of the Chancelight family you will be provided with the opportunity to make meaningful impacts, the support needed to achieve success and all the tools essential to reaching your personal & professional fulfillment!
Additional Perks and Benefits Include:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Virtual Medical Visits
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Time Off
- School Hours and Paid Holiday Schedule
- Company Paid Life & Disability Insurance
- 401k Options
- Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Opportunities for Growth & Development
- And So Much More!
If you're ready to start changing the direction of students' lives by providing them the opportunity to create successful, independent futures this is your Chance!
Join us and start making a genuine difference in the lives of children TODAY!
Chancelight Careers Work. With Purpose.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)