US LBM pro vides a wide range of building materials to c onstru c tion pro fessionals, c ombining the ad vantages of our national s c ale with the ex c ellent servi c e levels, expertise , entrepreneurial c ulture and c ustomer relationships of our lo c al brands.
As a people-first c ompany, passionate about c ontinuous im pro vement, US LBM is pro ud to pro vide our asso c iates a c c ess to the resour c es, training and developmental opportunities to empower them to su c c eed today, while growing pro fessionally and preparing for the c hallenges of tomorrow.
Pay Range: $14.00-$15.00/hr.
Re c eive, sto c k, ship, order and c ount inventory items. This is an entry level position that is responsible for the safe operation of a forklift in order to sto c k all lumber and building materials. Perform duties within the established work and safety pro c edures.
Essential Job Duties
- Operate safely.
- Parti c ipate in a positive work environment
- Assist warehouse asso c iates and dire c t supervisor in maintaining an organized work environment. May in c lude, emptying trash re c epta c les, and keeping all bays and staging areas c lean and organized.
- Re c eive in c oming pro du c t s, c ommodities and materials.
- Pro vides Ex c ellent C ustomer Servi c e
- C ount and re c ord re c eipt of materials.
- Sto c k all material re c eived in ap pro priate b ins or storage lo c ations.
- Assist inventory c ontrol in c ounting and organizing warehouse materials.
- C omply with all c ompany poli c ies and guidelines.
- Operate forklift with foot and hand c ontrols.
- May use forklift to build outgoing orders or to lo ad c ompleted orders onto delivery equipment
- Operate fa c ility equipment as ne c essary ( e.g. bander, power tools, various hand tools).
- Monitor inventory as required by lo c ation management.
- Retain an awareness of the work environment c riti c al to the task at hand to pro du c e error free and damage free results.
- Parti c ipates in and c ompletes assigned trainings .
- Other duties as assigned by Management
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum edu c ation preferred -High s c hool diploma or GED. No experience required. Will train.
- Ability to do basic math, re ad orders, write ins tru c tions and c omplete forms.
- Ability/willingness to learn to read a tape measure.
- Ability to effe c tively and pro fessionally c ommuni c ate with c ustomers, other employees and supervisors using verbal and written skills .
- Ability to deal c onstru c tively with c onfli c t and re c ognize potential pro blems.
- Profi c ien c y with or ability to learn c urrent te c hnologies ( e.g. Smartphone, Inventory C ontrol Systems, and other ne c essary business appli c ations).
- Physic al demands in c lude standing and walking for extended periods of time, exposure to extreme temperatures, bending or stooping, regularly lifting up to 50 pounds and frequently up to 100 pounds or more.
Meeks-The Builders Choice, a Division of US LBM Holdings, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, order of protection status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.