Senior Cost Accountant
*Position is hybrid, 2-3 days remote per week (possibly more onsite days at month-end)
*Relocation package available for candidates interested moving (closer) to Stillwater
Kelly is seeking a Senior Cost Accountant to work for our client, a global leader in biotechnology, on a direct hire basis at their corporate office in Stillwater. This is an excellent opportunity to join a reputable and innovative organization that strives to improve the health and quality of people’s lives.
The Senior Cost Accountant will:
- Administer the company’s cost accounting system to ensure the integrity and accuracy of inventory values, quantities, and costs of sales
- Perform cost revaluations in accordance with company policy
- Design procedures to ensure new products are properly recorded in the inventory system
- Monitor and maintain reporting attributes for existing products
- Review manufacturing variances monthly and follow up for potential changes in bill of materials and/or routings
- Ensure completed work orders are reviewed and closed for accounting in a timely manner
- Interpret, execute, and recommend modifications to evaluate, design, and implement new costing systems
- Evaluate and enhance systems to increase efficiency (utilization of statistical process for physical inventories, and cycle counting of inventory, etc.)
- Develop and maintain monthly capitalized variance (Cap & Roll) methodology, documentation, and calculation.
- Partner with inventory personnel in performing cycle counts and periodic physical inventories
- Analyze data, chart results, and communicate results to the appropriate parties
- Assist inventory personnel to ensure proper accounting on manual movement types in SAP
- Complete annual analysis of standard costing, generating new standard costs in line with annual calendar year budget and forecasts
- Perform procedures to assure the timely and accurate close of month and year end results
- Ensure production results are accurately reflected in financial statements
- Prepare reconciliations over all inventory balance sheet accounts
- Communicate month and year end production results and make recommendations to appropriate personnel
- Support the year end external auditor in relation to production results and inventory values
- Prepare, analyze, and review the level of obsolescence to ensure the financial statements reflect the proper net realizable value of inventory
- Establish obsolescence reserve methodology based upon company policy in accordance with IFRS
- Provide training and assistance to operations personnel to enhance their understanding of all components of product costs and their understanding of the cost center reporting
- Analyze current trends and project future production results in order to identify and anticipate opportunities and issues.
- Assist in the preparation of the company’s annual operating plan with respect to inventory costing and margin analysis and trends
- Analyze inventory values and cost of sales to explain changes and trends
- Review, analyze, and explain spending variances
- Complete ad hoc reporting to support manufacturing team as needed
- Prepare monthly and quarterly managerial reporting as required to assist in explaining manufacturing activity and trends
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 5-10 years of experience in a manufacturing cost accounting system
- Expert in Microsoft Excel; familiarity with Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Suite
- Well versed using a financial ERP; SAP experience strongly preferred
- Advanced skills in mathematics and calculation, writing and documentation, analytical and ability to understand and communicate complicated issues/problems
- Verbal communication skills such as the ability to be diplomatic under adverse conditions; ability to be sensitive and respond with a sense of urgency to requests for information
- Problem solving ability such as the ability to utilize appropriate resources to resolve an issue; ability to follow an issue through to resolution
Why Kelly?As a worker today, its up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find whats next is what were all about. We know whats going on in the evolving world of workjust ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
About KellyWork changes everything. And at Kelly, were obsessed with where it can take you. To us, its about more than simply accepting your next job opportunity. Its the fuel that powers every next step of your life. Its the ripple effect that changes and improves everything for your family, your community, and the world. Which is why, here at Kelly, we are dedicated to providing you with limitless opportunities to enrich your lifejust ask the 300,000 people we employ each year.
Kelly Services is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We welcome, value, and embrace diversity at all levels and are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds, communities, perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better services we can provide. Requests for accommodation related to our application process can be directed to Kellys Human Resource Knowledge Center.Kelly complies with the requirements of Californias state and local Fair Chance laws. A conviction does not automatically bar individuals from employment.