Since 1907, National Standard has led the American charge to manufacture high-quality wire to feed your success. Our unparalleled wire expertise has shaped the industry and continues to drive innovation today. Because wire is our singular focus, no other company knows more. When reliability counts, count on the wire experts who are here for you for the long haul. National Standard. Dedicated to wire and you.
National Standards integrity in our people and our wire is trusted by leading companies across diverse industries. Our wire delivers our energy and safeguards our highways. It frames our skyscrapers, strengthens our tires and softens our beds. National Standard wire is part of the fabric of our country.
A career with National Standard combines great benefits, competitive pay and employee development in a supportive, team-oriented environment. As the premier wire producer for more than 100 years, we are committed to providing excellent opportunities where our employees can learn and advance their respective careers. Come join a team that values hard work, quality, and safety.
National Standard in Stillwater, Ok. is currently looking for Machine Operators. Competitive pay and benefits available. If you are looking for a better opportunity or looking for a company you can grow with please apply on Indeed or at www.nationalstandard.com/careers.
Our Machine Operators main objectives are to safely and accurately set up, adjust, and operate assigned machines and auxiliary equipment to produce wire and wire products.
- Read, understand and follow production schedule. Interpret and follow basic written instructions, drawings, and documents.
- Perform setups on assigned machine(s).
- Detect and report faulty processes and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Maintains standard housekeeping standards.
- Observes all safety rules including reporting of all industrial accidents and any unsafe conditions.
- Check with lead person at beginning of shift to determine the production schedule.
- Set-up and maintain wire drawing machines according to production schedule and quality standards making minor adjustments, as necessary.
- Load rod coils on to drawing machine payoffs.
- Operator and run machine to produce a finished product.
- Perform quality inspections on regular basis throughout shift.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Basic understanding of production and machine operation.
- Ability to use tools and precision equipment.
- Must have excellent attendance and work record.
- Must be able to work/communicate well in a team environment.
- Must be able to work in cold/hot temperature.
- Ability to perform physical work, frequent use of arms and legs, and climbing.
- Must be able to do heavy lifting up to 50 lbs or more.
- Must be able to work 12-hour shifts.