Service Operations Technician Swing Shift
At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints. As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves. Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The following reflects managements definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Under general supervision, follows oral and/or written instructions in performance of a wide variety of skilled technical maintenance, repair, and testing on complex digital and analog electronic components, electrical and electro-mechanical components, cable assemblies, sub-assemblies, assemblies, field replaceable units (FRU) and systems to support a wide variety of Robotic Systems.
Regular use of diagnostic software for localizing equipment and system problems, specialized testing equipment, analyzers, digital oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, clocks, timers, calipers, voltmeters, power supplies, rulers, and other test equipment as required.
- Service Operations Technician III should be able to perform all Service Operations Technician Roles I, II in addition to the following.
- Must be trained and certified in all Service Depot repair cells.
- Demonstrate ability to achieve this goal within 30 days.
- Perform failure analysis and test on various electrical/electro-mechanical assemblies and document findings accordingly.
- Understand wiring diagrams, schematics, assembly drawings, fab drawings, mechanical component drawings.
- Electronic and Mechanical assembly skills (Examples: soldering, crimping, box build, fiber handling, optical component handling, cable routing, and use of RTV/epoxy).
- Performs simple and complex repairs on various electrical/electro -mechanical assemblies.
- Participates in investigational teams for FRU's to provide input if required.
- Performs complex tasks in preparation for repair and testing of all FRU's.
- Ability to verify assembly documentation accuracy, read engineering drawings etc. Sets up and operates machines/equipment /fixtures needed to perform repair and testing processes.
- Is able to initiate ECO's in conjunction with updates required in various work cells when required.
- Follows all applicable work instructions to perform repair and testing processes.
- Communicates status of repairs with leads/supervisors and other departments as necessary.
- Provides detailed symptom descriptions for failures uncovered during repair, functional test and calibration to assist in component-level troubleshooting.
- Conducts complex quality inspection of own or other's work to ensure workmanship standards are met.
- Properly completes required documentation and helps maintain its accuracy.
- Initiates material requests.
- Reports quality issues (VRs, Process Log), records transactions in SAP as needed to preserve traceability.
- Follows all corporate, safety, SOP, DOP procedures and regulations.
- Maintains a clean and orderly workstation.
- Communicates process flow recommendations to Leads/Supervisor/Manager or designee..
- Maintains an excellent attendance record.
- Able to work with other personnel and across departments.
- Able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical internal customers.
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, schedule-driven environment without sacrificing quality.
- Able to successfully prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Acute attention to detail; excellent organizational skills.
- Able to logically address, analyze and resolve problems.
- Able to maintain a professional demeanor and diplomacy when dealing with others.
- Able to work under pressure of changing deadlines and still meet commitments.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exercises sound judgment while working to resolve critical issues.
- High level of professional integrity and ethics.
- Clearly understands problems, areas of risk, and areas for improvement within work unit, including the processes and procedures.
- Education and/or Experience: Minimum High school diploma and AA or equivalent Minimum of AA or college degree preferred; three to five years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, write and understand English. Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees, supervisors, or engineers
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute averages, ratios, and percentages and to draw and interpret bar graphs and line graphs. Ability to determine the minimum, maximum and nominal value when provided with a specification and a tolerance.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply logical, sensible understanding to carry out instructions. Ability to deal with situations including up to several variables. Ability to report actual or potential quality issues. Ability to suggest and implement process improvements.
- Computer skills: Proficient in use of personal computers as part of daily work, including knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and SAP ERP System, ACCS (Agile) system (our quality system) to retrieve and submit on-line documentation.
- Ability to work varying shifts.
- Must have ability to complete training courses.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- New or recent college graduates with Engineering degree welcome
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- Able to use office and test equipment in a typical office/light manufacturing environment.
- Repetitive motion. Substantial continual motion.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance, color, depth and ability to adjust focus.
- Typical production & repairs environment.
- General knowledge of clean and organized work areas and practices.
- High urgency and stress associated with customer deadlines.
- Some risk of exposure to electrical shock and commonly used chemical compounds such as epoxy, denatured alcohol and acetone.
- Willing and able to work extended hours when necessary.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits and equity, and the anticipated pay rate for this position is $47,500 to $64,300. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including location, skills, and experience level.
The base pay range above represents the low and high end of the base compensation range we reasonably expect to pay for this position. Actual base compensation will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, actual experience, and job performance. This job posting is not a promise of any specific pay for any specific employee.
The range listed is just one component of the total compensation package for our employees. Based on the details of your position, we provide a variety of benefits to our employees, including medical, dental, and vision plans, pre-tax savings plans, pre-tax parking and commuter plans, supplemental health and welfare plans, a retirement savings plan, an employee assistance program, pet insurance, and paid holidays. Other rewards may include short-term incentives and paid time off.