Controller $60 - $75/hr East Valley
Controllers, are you looking to grow your career by applying your expertise to more complex projects with some of the nation's top companies? If you're an experienced Controller, are actively seeking consulting opportunities, and you want to partner with the best, apply today!
As a Controller, you will serve as a financial expert for our clients. This involves handling a variety of general to complex accounting functions, providing analytical support, and supervising staff.
Your daily duties and responsibilities in the Controller role will generally include:
- Managing accounting and financial reporting
- Managing and reviewing assigned monthly, quarterly, and annual general ledger closing processes
- Assisting in the development of financial statements and reports
- Establishing and coordinating all accounting procedures for the business unit
- Investigating significant trends/variances in financial data
- Managing AP, AR, Payroll, Tax functions as well as Cost and Inventory Accounting
- Assisting in the formulation of the budget and preparing the monthly budget variance analyses
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in corporate accounting or public accounting
- Experience with multiple ERP systems preferred
- Advanced Excel proficiency required
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with individuals of varying levels of responsibility
- Commitment to remaining on and successfully completing projects as assigned
Vaco's accounting and finance team is made up of senior and executive-level industry veterans from public accounting firms and industry. We've done the audits, managed compliance with new regulations, and navigated mergers, integrations and other demanding projects.
We have direct relationships with hiring managers, so you can expect that we proactively market your skill-set to prospective clients that we mutually agree make sense- promoting your strengths to our client relationships.
Our projects typically last between 3 months and 6 months, but often go longer than expected. As the project has a clear end date, Vaco will work to secure a reference from the client, work with the Consultant to build a Case Study, and begin marketing for our next engagement.
At Vaco, your career goals guide our efforts. We see you, we hear you, and we're here to help. That's why we not only work to find you a great opportunity, but we also provide you with the support and resources you need to succeed. We offer comprehensive and affordable benefits so you can focus your energy on more important matters like achieving your personal and professional goals. Whether you're interested in contract work or temp to hire opportunities, we've got you covered!