Mechanical Process Engineer
Our Client, is a leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products, and serves as one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; is seeking a Mechanical Process Engineer to work a variety of tasks, requiring design and operations of lab-scale or pilot plant chemical engineering unit operations, to develop cutting-edge processes and systems for high pressure gas applications.
Our Client, is a leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products, and serves as one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products.
- Assists in evaluation of new technologies and equipment.
- Assists in the development of new chemical engineering systems for purification and delivery ofhigh pressure gases.
- Develop engineering documents such as Basis of Design, process flow diagram (PFD), equipment specifications, valve specifications, Cause & Effect Matrix, process and instrumentation drawings (P&IDs), process hazard analysis (PHA), and HazOp.
- Design and simulation of chemical reactors, scrubbers, distillation columns, purification systems, and ASME pressure vessels
- Ability to work with systems that handle high pressure
- Tests prototypes and products.
- Assist with installation and troubleshooting of new systems.
- Monitors and documents the performance of systems already deployed.
- Conducts routine data collection to establish and document competencies.
- Works with a supervisor in designing methods and procedures aimed at establishing capabilities of systems and components.
- Performs high-level statistical analyses (e.g., descriptive statistics, linear regression, uncertainty).
- Communicates verbally and electronically with vendors and customers.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Experienced; 5-10 year's relevant experience in industry or manufacturing environment.
- Capable of maintaining a safe work environment and working independently in a demanding, fast paced environment.
- Experience applying principles of analytical techniques to solve cutting-edge challenges is preferred.
- Ability to understand industry standards and codes such as API 520/521, ASME (Section VIII & B31.3), NFPA, and CGA gases.
- Ability to move and work with high pressure cylinders.
- Ability to use simulation software such as Aspen or ChemCAD.
- Capable of working with multidisciplinary engineering groups (MEs, SEs EEs etc.) is preferred.
- Ability to apply basic statistical methods is required. Knowledge of advanced statistics is preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university is required
- Up to 25% travel may be required to travel to customer sites.
- Must have reliable, appropriate transportation.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel.
- Experience with G Suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Hangouts, etc.).
- COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS:
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence in English.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees and/or customers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using the English language.
- Must display strong critical thinking skills
- Bonus Eligible Position
- Comprehensive health and insurance benefits
- Paid Vacation time
- 401k with Company Match
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.