At Waterbury Hospital we offer our RNs with scheduled hours:
Employer paid pension plan
Sign on bonuses for experienced RNs
Opportunity for training in specialty areas
Generous student loan forgiveness
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Registered Nurse in the ED utilizes the nursing process, diagnoses to treat human responses to actual or potential problems and is accountable to the patient, family and peers for the totality of work performed in order that the organization can fulfill its primary mission of providing quality health care within the community. Population serviced includes adult, geriatric patients and upon occasion, adolescents. Position is supervised by the Manager, Clinical Operations who reports up through Assistant Director and director Emergency Services.
- Develop and implement a plan of care and demonstrate leadership to ensure all patient/family needs are met. Monitor patients before, during and after admission and/or procedures. Evaluate the plan of care and the patient's responses: reassess and revise the plan based upon changing needs and priorities.
- Set up and use all equipment needed for treatments.
- Act as resource for aides and students for all procedures in the ED and on call.
- Demonstrate the skill and judgment necessary to implement Physician's orders, nursing interventions and procedures as necessary for the care of the patient.
- Maintain up to date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to insure the integration of information for use by the health care team and to insure the totality of quality care.
- Promote effective working relationships and work cooperatively as part of the department team to facilitate the department's ability to meet its goal and objectives. Contributes to Quality Improvement activities and participates in the departmental Quality Improvement Program.
- Responsible for own professional development to insure appropriate knowledge of advances in practice to provide state of the art treatment for patient population serviced.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Connecticut
- BCLS required; ACLS/TNCC, ENPC or PALS preferred.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to work in a time oriented environment including exposure to all patient elements, i.e. blood borne pathogens, physical requirements; lifting and pulling of patients, pushing stretchers, standing and walking for extended periods of time wearing a lead apron.
- Ability to adapt to a high stress chaotic work environment.
- Ability to task and time manage.
- Ability to utilize critical thinking skills.
- Ability to interact with patients with tact and confidentiality.
- Must have basic computer skills and ability to access internet and other programs applicable to Waterbury Hospital procedures.
- Perform automated functions that fall within job responsibility.