Manufacturing Engineer - DIRECT HIRE/PERMANENT!
Manpower Engineering is exclusively partnering with a global leading, well-established and growing company in the Watertown, WI on a highly visible and direct hire/permanent Manufacturing Engineer position that has strong growth potential.
The company services a broad range of customers, including manufacturing and process industries, shipyards, ports and terminals. They have 18,000 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. The company is a customer-driven manufacturer and focuses on optimizing quality, driving efficiency, and ultimate value to their customer's products. Their dedication and investment in Research and Development has resulted in the fastest go-to-market solutions for their customers.
The company offers a very strong compensation plan (base salary, bonus, and profit sharing), outstanding full benefits package (free healthcare), relocation assistance (if needed), flexible schedule, and the opportunity to be a part of a company with an outstanding culture and solid opportunity for growth.
This position will report to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
- Manufacturing processes including Bill of Materials, routings and tooling using the tooling database and tool vendors.
- Standardization of methods for machining, capital equipment projects, improvement of manufacturing cells and miscellaneous projects as assigned.
- Work closely with shop floor personnel on setup reduction, process improvements, quality improvements to include tooling with new technologies, fixturing, and time studies.
- Work with Production Supervisor, Master Scheduler, Subcontract Supervisor, and Purchasing to ensure cost control and on time delivery.
- Generate quotation estimates, pricing, and proposals for customers.
- Work with Operators on CNC programming of Vertical and Horizontal machining centers and lathes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a related field is a plus.
- 1+ years of experience - 5+ is a plus.
- Experience in a machining environment.
- Knowledge of all types of gears.
- Ability to read CNC programs and work with Operators to fix any issues - CNC programming experience is a plus.
- Experience with Kaizen events, 5S, 6 Sigma and continuous improvement projects.
- Strong organizational and communication skills are required, along with a working knowledge of computers. SAP, Excel and Power Point.
- The individual must be self-motivated, creative, and organized with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.