Senior Accountant | $70-85k | Direct Hire
Let Vaco serve as your advocate in presenting you to our top clients who are looking for experienced professionals. Our clients have immediate opportunities for Senior Accountants, so don't let your resume get lost in the shuffle - let us work for you! At Vaco, we give you an advantage over your competition! Our recruiters have direct relationships with hiring managers, so they can connect your work experience to the open job-promoting your strengths to the manager while preparing you for that specific interview.
The Senior Accountant's responsibilities include preparing financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, preparing tax returns, assisting with audit preparations, and performing other accounting duties as assigned.
To be successful as a Senior Accountant, you should have a solid working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and strong financial analysis skills. An outstanding Senior Accountant should also possess strong Excel skills, be detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to work with little to no supervision and perform under pressure.
Senior Accountant Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting with the month-end and year-end close process, including preparing journal entries in accordance with GAAP
- Working to ensure timely and accurate completion of monthly financial reports, including annual audited financial statements
- Analytically evaluating GL accounts to determine the accuracy of ending account balances. Specifically, reviewing accounts for missing accruals, incorrect postings, year over year comparisons, etc.
- Coordinating and preparing responses to external auditors
- Providing general Finance support and completing other projects as assigned, including ad-hoc analysis and tasks
- Assisting with bank reconciliations and monitoring funds availability, and assisting in the preparation of weekly cash forecasts
- Performing other related duties as assigned
Senior Accountant Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Staff/GL Accountant
- Experience with ERP and EPM systems desired, and advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
- Ability to communicate upward/downward and polished business writing skills
- Strong financial analysis skills and the ability to be conscientious, attentive to detail, and organized
- CPA or CPA candidate a plus
Our recruiters will provide you with great insight about trends in the accounting / finance industry - keeping you up to date on compensation expectations, company culture, and growth opportunities. If you are an experienced Staff or Senior Accountant seeking a new Senior Accountant opportunity, please apply today!