Ombudsman Educational Services, a growing, dynamic organization with a social mission to offer hope is seeking Instructional Aides to join our award-winning team and perform meaningful work in a culture that welcomes innovation, encourages creative expression and offers limitless potential for personal and professional satisfaction!
If you thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, outcome-driven environment, seek a career with genuine purpose, and possess a problem-solving mindset, a sense of humor, and a stellar work ethic We Should Talk!
As an Instructional Aide, you will provide individualized supervision and instruction to assigned students and additional support to the core classroom staff. Working with student(s) to implement their Individualized Education Programs (IEP), you will utilize group and individual instruction in the classroom and community.
- Assisting classroom teachers in creating an atmosphere in which students feel safe, welcomed and exhibit high expectations of student learning.
- Instructing and monitoring students during lessons in the classroom to ensure fidelity of instruction.
- Utilizing instructional strategies to assist with student learning and help students meet requirements for student course completion.
- Encouraging and monitoring the progress of individual students in accordance with specific timelines and communicating with the classroom teacher overall progress or interventions needed.
- Maintaining accurate and complete records of students progress, including course completion progress, ensuring students have appropriate course syllabus for assigned courses.
- Managing student behavior in the classroom by upholding the ChanceLight philosophy and policies, and applying appropriate disciplinary measures when necessary; working collaboratively with classroom teachers to ensure consistency.
- Supporting students, counseling students with academic issues and providing encouragement to students.
- Participating in school meetings, student/parent meetings and individual student advisory meetings as requested and required.
- Communicating necessary information to students, team members, supervisors, and parents regarding students needs and academic progress in collaboration with classroom teacher and principal.
- Participating in the assurance and accreditation process to ensure that the site passes or meets performance plans.
- Participating in all school and district professional development days.
- Responding constructively to formal and informal feedback.
- Working collaboratively with other staff for the good of the school.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent with passage of basic skills test.
- Prior experience working with children, preferably in an education and/or classroom setting.
- Prior experience working in an alternate education program setting preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of research based instructional practices.
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and new initiatives.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and apply concepts of basic math.
- Working knowledge of computer software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Ombudsman Educational Services is a division of ChanceLight Education, the nations leading provider of alternative and special education programs for children and young adults. For more than 45 years, and in partnership with over 235 school districts nationwide, we have helped change the direction of more than 240,000 student lives!
Learn more about our history, our mission, and the program services we provide by visiting the links below:
As a member of the ChanceLight family you will be provided with the opportunity to make meaningful impacts, the support needed to achieve success, and all the tools essential to reaching your personal & professional fulfillment!
Additional Perks and Benefits Include:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Virtual Medical Visits
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Time Off
- School Hours and Paid Holiday Schedule
- Company Paid Life & Disability Insurance
- 401k Options
- Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Opportunities for Growth & Development
- And So Much More!
If you're ready to start changing the direction of students' lives by providing them the opportunity to create successful, independent futures this is your Chance!
Join us and start making a genuine difference in the lives of children TODAY!
Careers, With ChanceLight Work. With Purpose.
Copyright 2024 ChanceLight Behavioral Health, Therapy, & Education, a ChanceLight company *Benefit plans and eligibility requirements may vary based role and employment status.
- High School or better
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)