Staff Development Coordinator (Registered Nurse)
🔥 Be one of the first to apply!
Staff Development Coordinator - Must be a Registered Nurse
Walk-Ins welcomed.Maplewood at Mayflower Nursing & Rehab Center, 579 Buck Island Rd, West Yarmouth, MA
Want to know what makes our employees eager about going to work every day? The people we serve. Being a part of Maplewood requires passion and a desire to help others. Each employee has the ability to touch the hearts of all our seniors and be a part of something bigger than themselves. Its not just a job. Its an extraordinary life.
Maplewood Senior Living is a state-of-the-art, forward-thinking senior living provider. We offer a home-like, luxury environment for our residents, allowing them to live the good life in a safe environment. As an associate of Maplewood Senior Living, you will have the ability to make a profound difference in the lives of seniors each and every day. As we continue to grow, we are seeking a Staff Development Coordinator to become part of our family. We invite you to take your first step toward a rewarding career with us!
What we offer
- Competitive wages
- Flexible shifts
- Paid training & uniforms
- Growth opportunities
- Bonus & incentive programs
- Competitive Benefits Package: including medical, dental, vision,401K, company paid time-off, life insurancepolicy, insurance deductibles and voluntaryAflac insurance for our full-time employees
- Oversees the Nursing Service Department to ensure regulatory compliance and quality of care in the absence of the Director of Nursing Services (DNS).
- Coordinates and collaborates directly with the DNS to assure the highest degree of resident care at all times.
- Coordinates education program for the facility incorporating educational programs to meet the learning needs of all departments as well as volunteers.
- Coordinates orientation of all new employees in the Nursing Department
- Ensures mandatory in-services are scheduled, held and tracked
- Completes ongoing assessment of staff performance and educational needs arising from resident conditions and treatment needs, with consideration to new policy and procedures
- Develops a monthly calendar of educational programs based on facility specific identified needs as well as mandatory programs
- Other duties as assigned shall include but not be limited to:
- Chart reviews as assigned
- Assist DNS with research, creation, implementation and assessment of policies and procedures
- IV Team Leader train the trainer and complete competencies
- QA: wound care rounds and reports/IV and G-Tube evals
- Safety Committee member
- Employee Incident First Responder
- Primary Instructor: CNA training
- Assist DNS with investigations as assigned
- Assist with Admissions, discharges and resident care needs and updating resident records as needed
- Must be a Registered Nurse, licensed to practice in the state of Massachusetts
- Must have at least two years experience as a nurse manager/supervisor in a LTC setting
- Experience and/or special interest working with older adults preferred
- Able to perform tasks which may be physically demanding such as pushing, bending and lifting up to 50lbs.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with residents, their families, peers and other staff members
- In good physical and emotional health and free of communicable diseases
Maplewood Senior Living conducts pre-employment screening including background check, drug screening and reference checks
Due to Department of Public Health requirements, all candidates will be required to show valid proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 (1st vaccine, 2nd vaccine, and booster) before commencing work, unless they receive an approved exemption from Maplewood. Those who do not obtain full vaccination and booster within that time frame, without an approved exemption, will be terminated.
Licenses & CertificationsRequired
- Registered Nurse
- Managing Multiple Projects
- Leadership/Management Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Computer/Technical Literacy
- Communication Skills
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)