This Policy only applies to the information collected through the Application or Website whether provided by you or otherwise, and does not apply to information collected by any third party applications or websites to which links may be provided in the Application. If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or the United Kingdom (“UK”), “information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. Your access and use of any third party applications or websites is subject to and governed by such other third party privacy policies and not this Policy. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of such other third parties so you can understand how they collect, use and share your information. We also do not control or verify the data use or collection practices of such other third parties who may have access to your information through the Application. Email Alerts: you may receive 3rd party hosted job alerts from our partners on our behalf once opted in.
If you are a California resident, please also review our California Resident Privacy Notice for more information about the types of personal information we collect and disclose, as well as how to exercise your rights under California law.
Information that is collected:
SonicJobs may collect the following types of information about you when you register on the Application or the Website, including but not limited to, by importing such information from your Facebook, Google Connect or Apple ID Account:
- Personal information such as your name, gender, pin or zip code, region, email address, contact number, current precise geolocation (if you provide permission), general location information inferred using your internet protocol (IP) address, display picture and log-in id for Facebook, Google Connect or Apple ID.
- Information relating to your education and work experience such as details of your school and college education; total years of experience, previous company names and titles held; current occupation details and career history; all details contained within your CV.
- Information relating to interests and preferences with respect to industry or sector of work, type of job opportunity, type of contract, perks and benefits of the job opportunity, salary and preferred location.
- Information relating to any questions asked by our clients or third-parties in connection with your job application presented to you on the Application or Website.
- Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact us for customer support, we will receive your name, email address, phone number, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide.
We also collect information regarding how you use the Application and Website, the areas of the Application and Website that you visit, interactions with our Notifications and Email alerts, behaviour and use patterns, device and log information, local storage and information about/from your mobile hardware and software including IP address, web browser type, operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers, and push notification tokens, handset model number and software version. This information is necessary for analyzing the use of resources, troubleshooting problems, preventing fraud, and improving our Services and providing such other incidental and related services. The purpose of collection this information to provide you with the Services which include providing an internet enabled electronic platform that facilitates communication between you and Employers.
Cookies and other tracking technologies:
Below is an overview of the types of cookies we and third parties may use to collect information.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. Some cookies are strictly necessary to make the Website and Application available to you. We cannot provide you with the Website and Application without this type of cookies. We use the following necessary cookies:
- Google Login
- Google Maps
- Google Tag Manager
- Facebook Login
- Functional Cookies. Functional cookies are used to recognize you when you return to the Website and Application. This enables us to adapt our content for you and remember your preferences. For example, we use functional cookies to remember your choice of language or region. We use the following functional cookies:
- Google Analytics
How is the information used:
Legal bases for processing European information:
If you are located in the EEA or the UK, we only process your information when we have a valid “legal basis,” including as set forth below.
- Contractual Necessity. We need your information to provide you with our Website and Application. For example, we may need to process your information to respond to your inquiries or requests.
- Compliance with a Legal Obligation. We have a legal obligation to use your information. For example, we may process your information to comply with tax, labor and accounting obligations.
- Legitimate Interests. We or a third party have a legitimate interest in using your information. Specifically, we have a legitimate interest in using your information for product development and internal analytics purposes, and otherwise to improve the safety, security, and performance of our Website and Application. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
Your rights and choices:
You can access the information you have provided by visiting the Application and Website and review or update your information at any time. It shall be your sole responsibility to ensure that the information provided by you is authentic, up-to-date and complete. Therefore, if you wish to change, alter, update or edit any of the information you have provided us, you may use the “Edit” option made available on the Application and Website to do so.
You can prevent your device from sharing precise location information at any time through your device’s operating system settings.
Marketing Communications. You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails, as well as those of our Clients and third parties, via the link provided in the respective emails. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications from SonicJobs, you may continue to receive administrative messages from SonicJobs.
Your European Privacy Rights. If you are located in the EEA or the UK, you have the additional rights described below:
- You may request access to the information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your information, restrict or object to the processing of your information, have your information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your information to another company. In addition, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work or where an incident took place.
- You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your information at any time and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent.
You may exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details at the end of this Policy. Before fulfilling your request, we may ask you to provide reasonable information to verify your identity. Please note that there are exceptions and limitations to each of these rights, and that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain information for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
Who the information is disclosed to:
The information that is collected from you by the Services may be disclosed to Employers advertising jobs, our clients, partners and companies and/or other third parties within your country and abroad for the purpose of providing the Services. This includes but is not limited to, disclosure of your information to all parties that have posted job opportunities on the Application or Website, to their clients, disclosure to third parties who help us in the delivery of our Services to you, disclosure to companies and individuals we employ to perform functions on our behalf for providing the Services to you. We shall also disclose information if legally required to do so for compliance with any legal obligation or pursuant to any request or order from a governmental entity. We may share any information we receive with our affiliates for any of the purposes described in this Policy. Third parties may collect certain aggregated, non-personally identifiable information and statistics from the Application and Website and are subject to such third-party terms of collection and privacy policies and not this Policy and we encourage you to review the same.
We work with third-party advertising partners to show you ads that we think may interest you. Some of our advertising partners are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (https://optout.networkadvertising.org) or the Digital Advertising Alliance (https://optout.aboutads.info). If you do not wish to receive personalized ads, please visit their opt-out pages to learn about how you may opt out of receiving web-based personalized ads from member companies. You can access any settings offered by your mobile operating system to limit ad tracking, or you can install the AppChoices mobile app to learn more about how you may opt out of personalized ads in mobile apps.
We may also disclose your information with your permission.
Security/protection of information:
We shall take all reasonable security control measures commensurate with the nature of the personal information that is available with us to keep your personal information secure and use adequate mechanisms to safeguard against unauthorised access to your personal information in accordance with reasonable security practices and procedures in accordance with the applicable law. We shall require any third parties that handle or process your information on our behalf to do the same. You are required to report promptly any unauthorised use of your User Account. You understand and accept that despite all the security measures taken by us, there might be instances of lapses. You, therefore, accept that SonicJobs shall not be responsible for any consequences whatsoever of such lapses as long as it is not due to a breach of this Policy by us and we have complied with the requirement of applicable law in respect of security and protection of your personal information.
We take measures to delete your information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when your information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it unless we are required by law to keep your information for a longer period. When determining the specific retention period, we consider various factors, such as the type of service provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, and mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
Transfer of information:
The personal information we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom. It may also be processed by staff operating outside of the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom who work for us or one of our suppliers. By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We may transfer information from the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom to the U.S. and other third countries based on European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses, as needed to perform our services that you have requested from us, or with your consent.
SonicJobs does not verify, corroborate or guarantee the accuracy, authenticity, genuineness or validity of any of the information provided to you or by you or other users of the Application or the Website and shall not be liable for any action taken by you relying on such information provided; or for any conduct behaviour, interaction or communication between you and clients or third-parties that post jobs. You are solely responsible for any action undertaken by you through the Application or the Website or relying on any information provided or statement made by users of the Application. SonicJobs shall not be liable for any loss or damage sustained by a user by reason of any disclosure (inadvertent or otherwise) of any information concerning the User’s Account and/or any personal information which is not as a result of any breach of this Policy by SonicJobs or which is beyond the reasonable security practices and procedures adopted by SonicJobs in accordance with applicable law. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
You can update your account and profile information or close your account through your profile settings. If you have questions about your privacy on the Services or Policy, please contact us.
Address: Number 4, 7 Buckland Crescent, NW3 5DH, London, UK
Company Number: 9956892
ICO registration number: ZA228370
Last Updated: 24 November 2021