We are working with our client based in Bishop Auckland in the search for a CNC Setter Operator.
Reporting to the Machine Shop Supervisor the successful candidate will have the primary function to undertake duties associated with the setting and operating of CNC machines to meet production requirements whilst providing effective support and guidance to other team members.
- To be responsible for the efficient setting and operating of the CNC machines, achieving or improving upon planned standard times and quality levels through program improvements
- To interpret engineering drawings to ensure optimal programs are created and products are produced as effectively as possible to the required quality standards
- To have the ability to use a range of measuring equipment together with working knowledge of inspection procedures
- To undertake self-inspection and inspection of others work with some plotting of statistical process control (SPC) data
- To have experience of working with a range of materials including mild steel, nylon, aluminium, stainless steels and occasional use of exotic materials (e.g. Duplex)
- To work using imperial and metric measurements
- To work as part of a machine shop team and interfacing with production control, design and production supervision
- To support the training of apprentices and trainees
- Time served in engineering or equiavalent
- Experience in setting CNC lathes
- Knowledge of Fanuc is essential.
- Mazatrol and Siemens is highly desirable
- Permanent position
- 20% Shift Allowance
- Competitive Pension