This job requires Field care supervisors to be responsible and accountable for:
General Duties and responsibility
- Ensure all care and support needs are met in accordance with a person-centred care/support plan and with the continued consent of the service user or an authorised representative
- Ensure that changes in the care needs are addresses accordingly – follow the correct procedure
- Ensure privacy, confidentiality and dignity of service users is maintained at all times
- Enable service users to achieve the desired outcome by working with and not for them.
- Ensure the care team is performing their duties correctly (person-centred care plan)
Provide assistance and support with personal care needs
- Assisting clients in all aspects of personal hygiene, e.g., washing, shaving, showering and dressing.
- Assisting clients to access toilet facilities, emptying commodes and disposal of incontinence material using correct health and safety procedures.
- Continence management
- Assisting clients to take care of the skin, teeth, hair and nails.
- Helping with catheters management
- Using manual handling equipment safely and correctly
Provide assistance and support with medication needs
- Assisting with medication in accordance to the care plan
- Collecting and delivering prescriptions if and when required
- Completing relevant medication logs and reporting any inconsistencies ensuring the carers are completing this
- Identify training needs, checking carers competencies, updating information in medical reviews
Provide assistance and support with nutritional needs
- Ensuring carers prepare meals, snacks and drinks according to the service users’ choice
- Monitoring food and drink intake
- Assisting with feeding when required
- Proactive in supporting service users to seek advice on dietary requirements
- Supporting service users who have diabetes with meal plans
Provide assistance and support with General domestic tasks
- General domestic cleaning ensuring tasks are completed to a high standard
- Where appropriate facilities are available, assist with laundry washing and drying
- Essential shopping as and when required
- Responsible for maintaining and improving knowledge, competencies and skills
- Ensure all required care records are accurately maintained
- Ensure all communication and medication logs are accurately maintained
- Promptly report any issues concerning the care, support, well-being or behaviour of the clients to the office or the on – call manager.
- Carry our team supervisions
- Follow national and local safeguarding requirements and report all concerns immediately